Planet Depos is a family owned global court reporting company providing best-in-class court reporting, videography, videoconferencing and interpretation services throughout the United States and abroad to U.S. and international law firms, worldwide corporations, and government entities. We have extensive experience reporting complex matters around the globe, including arbitrations, trials and depositions. Planet Depos is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and has more than 60 offices worldwide.
We have been in business since 2009 and we are growing at a rapid pace. Starting with only two employees, we are now at 78, have successfully acquired two competitors, and have expanded all over the US and into Europe and Asia. We are run by smart, energetic entrepreneurs and are looking for talented individuals to help us get to that next level.
About the Business Specialist Position:
The Billing Specialist compiles, manages, and executes client billing and vendor payment; maintains contact with attorneys, staff, vendors and clients; and observes confidentiality of client data.
- Compile and process a high volume of bills to clients on a bi-weekly basis
- Process write-offs following Firm policy
- Execute complex bills, such as multiple discounts by matter, split party billing, and preparation of electronic bills, in a timely matter
- Submit invoices electronically and assist in resolving issues that might arise
- Review and verify accuracy of billing supporting documentation as required
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems
- Identify and resolve billing inaccuracies
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as required
- Effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries and clients
- Respond to internal and external inquiries in a timely manner
- Review and update comments in Reporter Base
- Work cooperatively with collections staff and assist with accounts receivable issues to minimize credit balances
- Observe confidentiality of client data
- Provide back-up assistance as needed
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Flexibility to work additional hours as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and or two years’ experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly in Excel
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
Planet Depos is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.