IQT is the strategic investor for the U.S. Government that accesses and accelerates the development of leading-edge technologies that protect and preserve national security. Founded in 1999, IQT was established to help the intelligence community access the technical insights and innovations taking place in the startup community. IQT is an independent, not-for-profit organization, with a function similar to corporate strategic investment groups found at companies like Intel, Google, Apple, and Disney. IQT takes calculated risks to access and invest in startups developing commercially-focused technologies that will deliver ready-soon innovation to serve the national security mission.
IQT is Now Hiring:
Software Test Engineer
While In-Q-Tel Engineers are from all engineering backgrounds, we’re specifically looking for individuals with strong software development and infrastructure experience. We’re looking for people who haven’t just read about new open-source projects, databases, and frameworks but have set up, and run them themselves. Ideal candidates want a broader view of technology across and even beyond the software stack.
On a daily basis, SEs directly deal with both hardware and software such as geospatial analytic tools, video analytic products, large-scale data systems, multilingual translation tools, infrastructure and security products, and mobile and field deployable technologies. The technologies emanate from early-stage companies and start-ups that In-Q-Tel has identified, evaluated, and invested in on behalf of our government customers.
Test portfolio company technologies
Determine if portfolio company deliverables meet the requirements and should be transferred to the government.
Experience building, managing and debugging enterprise products and platforms which enables them to effectively interact with and evaluate new technologies. To accomplish this:
- Create and review design documents, user guides, test plans, and test reports for completeness and accuracy
- Build test plans and environments, test and evaluate sophisticated technology to ensure compliance with specified requirements as well as general utility and usability
Engage with government customers and portfolio companies
When our portfolio companies and government customers have technical questions, they come to the Software Test Engineers:
- To facilitate successful technology transfer
- To ensure Portfolio Company products meet the government’s needs
- For training support, installation, and technology transfer of effective technologies
Our Engineers are technologists at heart; when they see products they know could work well together or be applied in a different way they are excited to dig in, learn about and actually develop these prototypes and then show them off to both colleagues and government customers.
- Architect solutions for and participate in the development of prototyping and integration initiatives
- Learn about and use (play with) technologies IQT hasn’t yet in invested in to stay on top of new trends
- Integrate select technology with IQT’s operational network and corporate infrastructure
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and/or relevant work experience
- Eagerness and willingness to learn new domains and technologies across the entire hardware and software spectrum
- Candidates who excel have been exposed to:
- Windows Server and Linux
- Cloud Services and Virtualization
- Computer Networking
- Software Defined Methodologies and Frameworks
- Computer Databases
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Our Engineers interact with customers and portfolio companies often.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI Security Clearance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.