Senior Software Engineer - Technology Infrastructure Platform
Location: Washington, DC
Engineering is the cornerstone for on-demand software-defined infrastructure. We are the foundation for all aspects of Hybrid IT for Bloomberg. We are building a next generation Infrastructure-as-a-Service solution that encompasses multiple operating systems, private/public cloud providers and various relational databases.
Our mission is to build a unified self-service platform with flexible APIs to automate all aspects of Infrastructure management. This platform will offer a sophisticated multi-dimensional relationship of resources across our large-scale distributed network. We are adding key features such as continuous integration and deployments to our platform in order to rapidly deliver our services. We need your open source expertise to search our historical configuration snapshots in a responsive and intuitive manner to help us improve our infrastructure.
What's in it for you:
As a senior engineer on the Platform team, you will lead the technical design and development of all aspects of our next generation microservices. You will work with other engineers, product owners and program managers across Bloomberg to find innovative solutions for complex problems. You will be part of a team that will be using various open source technologies to build creative UI/UX experiences, implement elegant RESTful APIs and drive towards a NoOps IT Platform. You will have the opportunity to evolve our core infrastructure and grow to new heights in your career.
You need to have 4+ years Software engineering experience in at least one of each bullet:
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Solaris or AIX
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, OpenTSDB, Cassandra, Redis or Neo4J
- Search & Analytics: Elasticsearch, Solr, Splunk or Sphinx
- Apache: Spark, Mahout, Kafka or Mesos
- Tools: Jenkins, Chef, Docker or Selenium
We'd love to see expertise in more than one of:
- Data Driven Designs
- DevOps Automation Tools
- Operational Excellence Principles
- Technical Mentorship Techniques
- Agile Development Methodologies
We'll trust you to:
- Be bold and collaborate
- Know the customer and work hard
- Lead by example and do the right thing
- Move fast and thoughtfully by learning from mistakes
Check out how we're giving back to the open source community:https://github.com/bloomberg