Company: Bloomberg LP
Location: New York, NY
Design the next generation of finance product
The Cross Asset Data and Integration team at Bloomberg is responsible for providing consistent cross asset market data to numerous finance products across the firm. We are building a brand new microservices oriented platform aiming to handle daily hit at the order of trillions. Innovation at our scale provides unique opportunities that require a certain kind of person to tackle.
We are seeking highly experienced software engineer tech lead to join us, who we can count on to dive deep to insist on the highest standards in architecting, coding, testing, deploying and maintaining every aspect of our products. If you’re thrilled by the idea of ownership, passionate about creating new platforms from scratch, excited about challenging the status quo in the finance industry, and think you can manage the fast pace of continuous innovation, we would love to connect with you.
What's in it for you:
You’ll be responsible for designing, developing, testing and deploying some of our most strategic technical projects. You’ll deliver large-scale, high performance production systems, design new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed technology, and have a significant impact on our business results. You will draw from your deep and broad technical expertise to mentor engineers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues. Your contributions in this role will impact stakeholders across the firm and customers around the world.
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience designing and building complex high availability, high scalability, and fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Deep understanding of modern system architecture (e.g. REST, micro-service, cloud computing) and cutting edge open source technologies (e.g. RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Redis, ZooKeeper, Splunk, Jerkins, Git)
- Passion and ability to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve highly complex performance and operational issues
- Experience taking a lead role in building complex end-to-end software systems that has been delivered to clients
- Experience with C/C++ and/or Python is a plus