Senior Software Engineer: Application Integration Team
Location: New York City
Bloomberg has a reputation for providing the most accurate, comprehensive, and valuable financial information. Whether pulling together a PowerPoint presentation for management or manipulating a financial model in Excel, our clients interact with Bloomberg’s data in their workflow. Our job is to not only make that possible, but to make it as easy as possible.
Who are we? Bloomberg’s Application Integration team. We do what our name implies – we streamline our client’s workflow by combining Bloomberg visual tools and data functions with Microsoft Office products (desktop and web/cloud). For example, when a stock price changes, so does the chart, presentation, and proposal our client created – automatically!
Where do you come in? You’ll bring your technical expertise and curiosity to help build the next generation applications for Microsoft Office.
We’ll trust you to:
- Analyze business requirements, collaborate with internal development groups, and design & build compelling user interfaces that bring the power of Bloomberg to our global client-base
- Push past standard tools and tricks to come up with bright solutions for integrations
- Take ownership of projects while collaborating with us, your teammates, following an agile and test-driven approach
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of designing and building successful customer facing applications
- Strong OOD/OOP skills, experience with software development principles, Agile methodologies, and applying modern design patterns
- Familiarity with GIT source control
If this sounds like you, apply! We’ll get in touch if we think you’re a good match and get started with a technical phone interview. If that goes well, we’ll invite you onsite to meet our team and of course, demo the products you’ll work on.