Location: Princeton, NJ
Company: Bloomberg LP
Senior Software Engineer - Python
Bloomberg runs on data. We provide the most advanced real-time financial information, data and analytics to investment professionals. In Data Technologies Indices, we develop and support the platforms that serve as the primary interface between index content providers and Bloomberg Terminal clients. With Bloomberg's recent acquisition of the Barclays Risk Analytics and Index Solutions Ltd. Platform (i.e. "BRAIS"), and the ongoing revolutionary shift of hundreds of billions of dollars from actively managed funds to passively managed index funds, our team's work is more important than ever.
We'll trust you to:
- Help create the latest application development frameworks and enterprise software products in the field of financial indices
- Build scalable, high throughput systems and tools that serve as the primary platform for the distribution of index-related data to our system and the Bloomberg API
- Work on developing and supporting technology platforms using Python, Java, SQL, HBase and Oracle
- Interact with users to design, architect and document software requirements
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience programming in Python
- 3+ years of object-oriented programming experience
- 2+ years of experience with relational database design
- Experience building web services and using SOA
If this sounds like you, we want to talk! Please apply below.