INFORMATION ASSURANCE ENGINEER
Job #: 1124
Location: Ashburn, VA
Status: Regular Full-Time
Minimum Clearance: Secret
1. Review, interpret and provide security control guidance in accordance with DISA’s Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and other Security Recommendation Guides (SRGs).
2. Review application architecture and technology stack including COTS and GOTS platforms to document system security posture and assess security vulnerabilities.
3. Use DOD Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) to scan systems for vulnerabilities and interpret scan results.
4. Manage Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Process.
5. Identify and propose security finding remediation solutions.
6. Schedule remediation tasks.
7. Create Plans of Action and Milestones (POAMs).
8. Coordinate with System Admins for security compliance verification and assessment using DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and other Security Recommendation Guides (SRGs).
9. Create and update system documentation required by DOD RMF, STIGs, and SRGs.
1. 5+ years of experience in providing Cybersecurity support to Defense/DoD.
2. Must have experience with DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Systems Development Life Cycle
3. Experience attaining Authority to Operate (ATO) and Risk Assessment approvals via the DOD RMF process, experience with Defense Health Agency RMF process is a plus.
4. Experience managing security compliance requirements related to Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Protected Health Information (PHI).
5. Experience running ACAS scans and interpreting results. Monitor, track, and address Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs).
. Experience remediating vulnerabilities identified by DISA STIG, SRG, and ACAS Scan.
6. Familiarity with securing the following technologies is required:
COTS and GOTS Applications;
Red Hat Enterprise Linux;
TECHNICAL SKILLS/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED:
1. Must have an active CISSP or equivalent certification.
2. Must have an Active DoD Secret Clearance
3. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related
SuprTEK is an IT Engineering and Professional Services firm focused on helping the DoD and government agencies ensure mission success by delivering exceptional solutions with proven results. SuprTEK specializes in strategic business planning and management; information security and assurance, IT solution engineering and delivery, IT operations management, Health IT, Service Center operations, and Enterprise Integrated Services. Since 1996, SuprTEK has performed exceptionally on a multitude of contracts ranging in size from short-term management consulting engagements to fully-managed IT outsourcing efforts. Our Corporate Headquarters is in Ashburn, Virginia with a wide array of opportunities throughout the DC Metro Area. We also have a strong presence in the St. Louis Metro East area and other locations.
SuprTEK provides competitive compensation and a benefits package which includes the following: medical insurance (including dental/vision/prescription), a 401(k) plan with matching contribution, training reimbursement, on-demand eLearning, company paid life insurance, optional disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, and more.
SuprTEK is an Equal Opportunity Employer