Business Development & Customer Engagement Manager
Location: O’Fallon, IL
Status: Regular Full-Time
Clearance: Requires ability to obtain Secret clearance; current Secret clearance strongly desired
Superlative Technologies, Inc. (dba SuprTEK), is a best-in-class, rapidly growing business delivering technology innovations and creative solutions for AMC, USTRANSCOM, SDDC, DISA, and other DoD agencies. The Solution Engineering and Delivery (SE&D) Line-of-Business (LOB) is looking for a Business Developer & Customer Engagement Manager who will report directly to the SE&D VP and be responsible for new business development by creating strategic opportunities with commercial and DoD customers. Successful candidates will learn and understand SE&D culture and capabilities, then leverage that knowledge to identify customer core issues and cost effective, technically sound solutions, as well as leverage company and LOB past performance for expansion into new markets and technologies. The Business Development & Customer Engagement Manager works closely with SuprTEK leadership to develop and implement customer strategies that will achieve long term objectives.
This senior leadership role will support strategic development and growth of the SE&D LOB by working with the Senior Leadership team and the Capture Manager to support Business Development activities through the creation of value propositions and strategic growth plans for SE&D. They will also serve on the BD Council and interface with the Business Development Team in regular strategy sessions as required.
· Serve as a focal point for working with targeted customers to develop strategic growth plans in coordination with the Program Manager(s).
· Serve as marketing liaison/representative to identify, strategize, and capture new business opportunities.
· Conduct detailed sales pipeline assessment and provide oversight of backlog and forecast to ensure accuracy and support of SE&D activities.
· Serve as a solution engineering facilitator interacting with technical teams to define and capture the optimal customer solutions.
· Work closely with the Capture Manager to propose and capture new value-added business opportunities.
· Ensure Program Managers or critical technical resources participate and are assigned tasks as part of the Proposal Team for development, preparation, and submittal of technical and price proposals for new and follow-on business.
· Work with Business Development in the management and maintenance of the SE&D proposal tracking system.
· Help identify and assess major business opportunities (internal and external) with potential for major impact on SE&D’s 5 year and 10 year growth and profitability.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of the industry supporting the DoD IT and engineering sectors.
· Significant experience identifying, generating, and exploiting growth opportunities (new and organic).
· Demonstrated experience and expertise in Business Development, Capture, and Proposal operations. Formal BD & Capture training/certification preferred (e.g., Shipley BAP, and CBDE).
· Experience identifying, leading and supporting new business opportunities across the full spectrum of federal acquisition/contracts (e.g., GWAC, FSS, MA/IDIQ, BPA, etc.,).
· Proven expertise and relationships (Government & Industry) to grow the Mid-West business to include established and/or establishing relationships with key Large Business (LB) and Small Business (SB) entities.
· Solid experience managing/supporting sales pipeline development, qualifying opportunities, and assisting in the development of teaming and cost strategies.
· Superior written and oral communication skills and presentation skills.
· Record of establishing and maintaining productive, trusted relationships with senior Government officials and Industry partners.
· 10+ years of experience in the software industry.
· 10+ years of DoD related experience.
· Team-oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
· Excellent analytical skills (problem-structuring, problem-solving) and able to handle complex analyses.
· Proven ability to collaborate effectively across a multi-stakeholder company.
· Passionate, positive attitude with proven ability to motivate others to perform at their best.
· Outstanding flexibility, adaptability, and sense of accountability.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering/Science, or comparable experience desired.
· DoD/Joint Command experience is strongly desired.
· Requires US Citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret clearance. An active security clearance is strongly desired.
SuprTEK is an IT Engineering and Professional Services firm focused on helping the DoD and government agencies assure mission success by delivering exceptional solutions with proven results. With corporate headquarters in Ashburn, VA, SuprTEK has a strong presence in the St. Louis Metro East with its Solution and Engineering Delivery business unit, which is currently fulfilling several contracts associated with SAFB.
SuprTEK provides a highly competitive compensation package that includes:
· Health Insurance (with Dental-Eye Care available)
· 401K w/ Match
· Paid Vacation
· Optional Life and Disability Insurance
· Work-Life Balance
· First Class Facilities
· State-of-the-Art Information Technology
SuprTEK is an Equal Opportunity Employer