Location: New York, NY, USA
Job Requisition Number: 100-07
Reporting to the Global COO for Talent, the Project Manager for Recruitment Operations will function as a subject matter expert and delivery manager for global recruitment initiatives across all (Undisclosed) business lines. The individual selected for this role will take ownership of two or more recruiting operations domains (ex: Marketing, Process, Candidate Experience, Technology, etc) and will partner with a number of individuals and teams to execute critical projects and programs.
The project manager will play a lead role in evaluating, piloting, and broadly deploying solutions that will push the Recruiting function to be consistent with our culture of innovation, quality, and customer service.
The project manager will also be responsible for collaborating with with a number of teams across (Undisclosed): People Analytics, Finance, Marketing, and HRIS teams, as well as various 3rd party vendors.
- 10-15 years of work experience, with 7+ years supporting recruiting and recruiting operations required.
- Experience managing global projects including multiple international stakeholders, languages, time zones required.
- Significant experience in a re-engineering or transformation environment and working with project management office structures.
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following: Recruitment-specific marketing/branding, assessment, onboarding programs, campus operations, and/or recruitment process / technology management.
- Strong business acumen, backed with solid industry knowledge in the financial and technology sector is required.
- Fearless approach; willing to suggest and try bold ideas.
- Must be a charismatic, self-confident strategic thinker. One who is equipped with the ability to provide bespoke solutions with the skill to execute on assignments and is able to make decisions independently with limited information.
- Highly collaborative and consultative approve, with the ability to influence multiple constituents without direct authority; excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Able to leverage data and analytics from multiple sources to deliver insights and solutions around workforce planning and recruiting, and employee engagement and retention.
- Gravitas and professionalism; ability to interact with confidence with senior leaders.
- Exhibit passion to improve processes that support talent acquisition, engagement, and retention, recognizing the importance of talent to the success of the organization.
- Ability to work in a high-paced, often virtual, deadline driven culture.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, compassion, discretion, and sound judgment.
(Undisclosed) delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation-which is where you come in.
At (Undisclosed), you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients-and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Project Manager, Recruiting, Engineer, Operations, Technology, Human Resources, Engineering