Location: Washington, DC
CertaPro Painters of Washington DC (CertaDC) is a recent painting startup in the DC area that specializes in residential and commercial painting. CertaDC is redefining the customer experience in the home improvement industry. Our reputation is based on Certainty and, in an industry filled with questionable contractors, CertaDC is the light that homeowners can trust. We achieve this trust by consistently delivering on our values:
Deliver What You Promise | Respect The Individual | Have Pride in What You Do | Practice Continuous Improvement
CertaDC is currently hiring a Residential Sales Associate to drive revenue and expand the CertaPro Brand.
WHAT YOU NEED
This is first and foremost a role for an individual with strong interpersonal skills who gets excited to meet and get to know customers from all walks of life. That means striving to truly understand the needs of our customers and creating proposals as unique and as relevant as they are. As one of CertaDC’s first corporate hires you will be responsible for not only driving the top line but creating and refining sales systems as you go. You must be a likeable professional and have the work-ethic of Paul Bunyan. You will be expected to work closely with CertaDC’s Office Associate to generate and track leads, schedule estimates, provide accurate estimates and set appropriate expectations, follow up with all outstanding estimates, and hand-off the customers to CertaDC’s professional Job Site Supervisors. Success will be determined by growth and diversity of lead generation, top line sales, accuracy of estimates, and overall customer satisfaction.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The RSA will learn and execute CertaDC’s refined sales systems to schedule estimates, provide the customer with a proposal, and land jobs. This is the main role of the RSA and is the main metric of success. The RSA should expect to make many phone calls to schedule estimates and follow-up with customers. The RSA should also expect to travel around the DMV often to meet with customers in their home. Landing the job is not all that matters, however. Accurately estimating the project and setting appropriate expectations will be of the utmost importance to maintain customer satisfaction.
CertaDC does most of the work when it comes to generating leads but the Residential Sales Associate (RSA) is ultimately responsible for hitting her/his own goals. That means attending networking groups, reaching out to neighbors of customers, following up with past customers and proposals, attending Home Shows, and more. The RSA must track and project lead flow to ensure weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales goals are met.
Passing the job onto CertaDC’s professional painting team effectively is a critical part in creating certainty for our customer. A well written, detailed proposal makes for a smooth customer experience. Anything less and the RSA will be expected to get involved to clear up uncertainties.
WHAT WE’LL DO
CertaDC is seeking a long-term relationship, not a summer fling. If you’re ready to commit, here’s what you can expect:
· Training: We use a mix of online training and one-on-one coaching to help you dive into the job quickly and efficiently. Expect training for most of your daily tasks, but as a startup, we may ask you to investigate a subject and train the rest of us!
· Never-Ending Development: The management at CertaDC specializes in skills ranging from Priority Management to Conflict Resolution to Situational Leadership and much more! You can expect one-on-one coaching coupled with online courses to help you skill up and become more effective. Craving more? CertaDC will send high-performers to Skill Development Program (SDP). SDP is hosted bi-annually across the nation and is a conduit for high-level skill certification by our parent company, First Service Brands.
· Autonomy: We will give you the tools and knowledge to do your job but how you do it is up to you. Expect flexibility but also expect accountability.
· Accountability: We will hold weekly Goal Setting and Review (GSR) calls to support you and your projects and to ensure you’re performing at your peak!
· Provide Opportunity: Although CertaDC is a new company we expect to grow quickly. That means plenty of opportunity to grow with the company in terms of position and compensation. Future positions include Commercial Marketing Associates, Commercial Sales Associates, Production Associates, and more!
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
Attitude and behavior are more important than experience. Here’s what we will be looking for:
· Bachelor’s Degree and 1+ years of experience in sales (intern experience counts) OR Minimum 4 years of experience in sales with a track record of success
· Proof of Strong Communication Skills
· High Energy, Positive Attitude, Likeable Personality, Gregarious Behavior
· Track Record of Performance in a Low Structure Atmosphere
· Valid Driver’s License
· Available 40 hours/week. Availability some evenings and weekends preferred (our customers work during the day)